How to participate in World Artography Photography Competition
The World Artography global contest is based on a concept of buying pixels from a Grid to submit image/s for the competition. Each image will have a fixed resolution of 6700 pixels (100 pixels on longer side and 67 pixels on shorter side), where cost of one pixel will be ₹ 1, thus entry fees for single image will be ₹ 6700.
Maximum 5 images per entrant can be submitted.
1. CLICK THE EMPTY MULTI PIXEL BOX TO UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE(S)
Select the empty Multi Pixel Grid on the home page of www.worldartography.com. The moment entrant will hover the mouse pointer over the grid, empty grid will be highlighted with ‘+’ sign on it.
2. LOGIN / REGISTRATION
As soon as the entrant clicks on the empty grid, following box will appear, where, entrant will be asked to either Sign in or Register
Enter the login credentials, if already registered. Click on Register, otherwise to complete the registration.
Complete the Registration by providing
- Name (Mandatory)
- E-Mail (Mandatory)
- Phone (Mandatory)
- Select Country (From the drop down list)
- Specify your Instagram Profile ID (Optional)
- Specify your Facebook Profile ID (Optional)
- Specify your Website address (Optional)
- Password (Password should be at least 7 letters long and contain at least one numeric digit and a special character)
On successful completion of the Registration, an activation link will be sent on registered email ID to activate the account. On Successful activation and re-login on the World Artography website, entrant will be ready to upload images
Post successful Login, and on selection of any empty grid (as explained above), IMAGE UPLOAD pop-up will appear
Select Image of appropriate size
It is stated above, that the image with resolution of 6700 pixels only will be accepted. However, for better display, this image submission form is designed to accept image only in resolution of 1000 pixels on higher side and 667 pixels on a shorter side. Grid is designed to convert the image from 667,000 pixels to 6700 pixels, however no other dimension will be accepted other than 1000x667 / 667x1000 on this form.
Select the category from the drop-down list. Entrant can submit 5 images in total. Entrant has to utilize this limit amongst given categories.
There are 5 categories;
- Wildlife and Nature
- Travel and Street
- Astro / Aerial Photography
Image Title - Provide appropriate title to the image (mandatory)
Camera - Make of the camera
Lens - Make of the lens
Aperture - Aperture value used
Shutter - Speed Shutter speed used
ISO - ISO value used
Other remarks Additional details about the image such as stacking, HDR, composite etc can be provided (applicable especially for landscape images)
On Submission of one image, system will bring back the entrant to the Grid.
A Ribbon (as below) will appear at the bottom of the screen, with following details
Entrant can continue uploading the images till he/she reaches the final count of 5 images per entrant
Entrant can select “Pay Now” any time after uploading of image/s and proceed for payment.
Some important point to note for DCP Members.
There is a discount of 20% given exclusively to DCP members upto submission of 4 images and if anyone wants to submit complete quota of 5 images, the discount will be ~37%. Entrant will have to upload all the images in one go permissible by the package purchased from DCP. For instance, if entrant has bought a package of 3 images from DCP, then he/she has to submit all the 3 images at one go and check out. If entrant opts to go for the maximum benefit, he/she will have to upload all the 5 images at one go and redeem the DCP coupon code (provided on purchase of the same from DCP Expeditions).
Entrant has to select the check box and read the terms & conditions associated with the contest.
Payment panel will display:
- The number of image/s uploaded
- Total Amount to be paid by PayPal
- Total Amount to be paid by DCP Expedition Members
Entrant without having DCP Expeditions’ Member discount coupon, can check out by using PayPal option. On successful completion of payment, image/s will be posted on the grid at the location selected by the Entrant. Entrant can buy DCP Expedition’s Participation Packages from our website. On purchase of any of these Participation Packages, entrant will get a mermbership / coupon code, which will enable him/her to submit the image/s based on the package purchased from DCP Expeditions.
Discounted participation fee based on the packages are as follows:
|No of Images||Payment through PayPal (in ₹)||Payment using DCP Expeditions member’s discount coupon (in ₹)|
KNOW MORE ABOUT THE PARTICIPATION PACKAGES
Celebrating DCP’s association with World Artography, we are giving out some extra special benefits apart from the one mentioned above. Though there is a participation fee to be paid, we at DCP are ensuring that you get back more in return than what you pay. Here is how:
Discounted participation fee
Even though the participation cost per image is INR 6700, DCP members will get flat 20% discount plus taxes on every image they submit upto 4 images. However if participant submits 5 images, then the discount will be further increased to ~37% and the price for the package of 5 images will be INR 24999 inclusive of all taxes.
Free DCP Membership
In addition to the above discount, DCP is including its free membership along with the participation fee for the number of years equivalent to the number of images submitted. Existing members can also avail the benefit (their remaining days of validity will get added to the offer).
Flat cash discount on DCP Tours
Not only that, participants will also be entitled for flat cash discount from Rs 6000 to Rs 15,000 on any of the DCP Expeditions Tours conducted in India having expedition cost INR 60,000 and above. There will be only one such participant per expedition who can have this advantage and no other discount offer can be clubbed with this. For instance not more than 1 participant per expedition can redeem this cash discount.
To package all the above benefits in a single gift wrap, we have created 5 World Artography DCP Discounted Participation Packages. To avail these Participation Packages please CLICK HERE. These Participation Packages come with
- 20% discount on World Artography submission upto 4 images and 37% discount for 5 images submission
- Free DCP membership with its full benefits valid for years as per the package selected as shown below in the screen shot
- Flat cash discount from Rs 6000 to Rs 15,000 on any DCP Expeditions tours within India as shown in the table below
Hence the total benefit will be as below
WA = World Artography
All Prices are in INR
*Price inclusive of 20% Discount and 18% GST
# New as well Existing Member
## Cash Discount on DCP Expeditions
The above table shows that the participants will be getting back benefits worth the value more than the participation fee of the contest.
Annual DCP Exhibition and Annual award:
All the winning entries and top 20 entries in each categories, will be directly selected for DCP Expedition’s annual exhibition and award.
With cash prizes, global recognition and a plethora of benefits, this is a great opportunity for photographers around the world. Covered by media worldwide, the upcoming launch is causing waves around the globe. The first and only one of its kind, World Artography looks to take the world by storm.
- Entrants using DCP Expedition’s coupon code will have to submit the images by entering a coupon code obtained from DCP Expeditions and click Submit.
- Entrant will have to ensure that the images uploaded are in sync with the discount package purchased from the DCP Expeditions. Also The Email ID used for registration on World Artography needs to be same as the one used for buying the discount package purchased from the DCP Expeditions.
- Coupon code to be entered carefully. Once the coupon code is utilized, entrant cant change the submission.
- Entrant’s image/s will be posted on the grid, but will be activated within 24 hours of time once the discount coupon is validated. Enter coupon code as it appears, to avoid any further delay in accepting the image/s.
- Confirmation mail will be sent to the entrant on successful submission of images
- One entry per email ID is permissible upto 5 images.
- Entrant can write to email@example.com for queries related to submission.
After successful payment and validation, image/s submitted by the entrant will appear on the grid at their selected place. Entrant can select his/her image and share it with their friends / followers on various social media platform for voting.
Voter can vote multiple images but can’t vote one image multiple times.
Other important points to remember
- Read the terms and conditions of the contest thoroughly before submitting the entry.
- Raw images will be called upon during final screening
- All the image/s must be entrant’s his/her own work
- All the submitted images must contain the original EXIF meta data information.
- Image should not contain any border/s, watermark/s, copyright mark/s or any kind of identifying and visible Marks which is not part of the original image.
- Basic editing including colour enhancement, use of filters, cropping, removal of sensor dust or scratches on scans of negatives, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast, toning, slight colour adjustment and conversion to grayscale is allowed as long as it does not affect the genuineness and original authenticity of an image
- Advance editing which is used for creating artificial effects, significant element changes, manipulation of original images and any other editing which deceives the originality of the image is prohibited.
- Images that do not follow above guidelines, include or portray inappropriate and offensive contents Including provocation of nudity, pornography, violence, violation of human rights and environment and/or in contrary to laws, regulation, religious & cultural values, And /or contradictory to any social issue which may lead to provocation / instigating violence, are prohibited. If any such image is submitted, then World Artography and their moderators and jury have complete rights to pull off this submission from the grid and subsequently disqualify them from the contest without any refund of the entry fees.
- For an image in which a person is recognizable, entrant must be prepared to provide a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian, to World Artography upon request. Images clicked at public places may have recognizable faces but would not have model release, in such cases but not limited to, entrant will have the sole responsibility of any consequences arising out of the same.
- Similarly, entrants whose images depict other people’s work (such as sculptures, statues, paintings, and other copyrightable works) must be prepared to provide a release from the rights holder to World Artography upon request. Acceptance of the When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's creation. Any violation of this would lead to disqualification from the competition without any refund of the fees.
- Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the entrant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless World Artography from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that you or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.