Five Elements Conservation Photography Award
- This Project is about creating an engaging photo story about conservation / environment / ecosystem as the body of work. The theme for this year is “Life at National Parks”.
- Participants need to write an abstract on the proposed story line (following the given theme) and submit the same to firstname.lastname@example.org along with 5 representative images, which should be photographers original work. The images submitted should be on the theme of conservation photography which helps the jury to understand and decide on the capability of the candidate to take up the proposed project. Applications need to reach us on or before 5th July 2017
- The jury panel of DCP Expeditions and FEEV will jointly select the candidate based on the quality of his / her work and also on the strength of the project / story abstract submitted.
- The selected candidate will be awarded with Rs 10,000 before the start of the project.
- A review will be due upon 50% of work completion on the project, wherein, DCP panel will give a constructive feedback to the candidate to ensure quality of the work being produced.
- The last date for submission of the completed project report is 5th September 2017. The completed project should include a descriptive story line along with good quality supportive images made keeping the theme in focus. In case of any modification or additional information / photographs suggested by the Jury panel, they should be submitted on or before 5th October 2017. All submissions must be done in both soft copies (to email@example.com) as well as hard copies to DCP Head Office at DCP Expeditions LLP, Regus Platinum Business Center, 13 Platinum Techno Park, Sector 30A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400705.
- The remaining Rs 15,000 will be awarded on successful submission and acceptance of the project work.
- Your work will reach a wide network of people who appreciate work done in the conservation field
- A corporate calendar created out of the work done and its distribution in a vast network of Govt. & Corporate organizations
- Cash award of Rs 25,000 plus Gold Membership of DCP Expeditions (worth Rs 4600) plus Winner’s Certificate
- Rs 5000 discount in any DCP Expeditions Photo Tours plus Gold Membership of DCP Expeditions (worth Rs 4600) plus Runner Up Certificate.
- Participation certificates to all participants
The images submitted will be judged by a prestigious panel of Jury which includes Dr S D Biju, India’s Ace Amphibian Researcher, a global figure and Head of Systematics Lab at the University of Delhi, Department of Environmental Studies. We also have in the Jury, Mr Bittu Sahgal, the forefront captain of the battle to protect India from the worst impacts of climate change, a man who changed history of Indian Wildlife Conservation fighting being in the frontline. We have Mr Isaac Kehimkar, India's Butterfly Man, former Deputy Director, Natural History, BNHS and Chairman and Director at iNature Watch Foundation in the Jury. Renowned writer, traveller and photographer Mr Gangadharan Menon is also in the Jury. Other Jury members include Ace Macro Photographer, Mr Yuwaraj Gurjar and Conservation Photographer Dr Caesar Sengupta. This is a golden opportunity for all who wanted to showcase their work of conservation photography to the world.
- Anyone can participate except for the management and employees of FEEV and DCP
- FEEV will sponsor cash award of Rs. 25000 for this project under this initiative
- FEEV & DCP panel will jointly shortlist & select the most appealing project.
- The submission of project needs to be done in 2 copies (Photobook) and Print ready images on a pen drive to be submitted to FEEV & DCP panel for their records.
- FEEV will use the body of work (Project) for its promotion in CSR initiatives & its PR activities.
- FEEV will use the images (Selected body of work) in its annual corporate calendar along with profile of the winner. Rights of images will be retained by the photographer.
- Waste management consultancy,
- Research and development activities in waste handling and processing
- Skill development programs for operators of waste processing plants
- Capacity building and technical enhancement of policy makers for effective implementation of waste management regulations
FEEV prepares, develops and implements skill development training courses and capacity develop-ment program in the environmental sector. The skill development courses cater to the need of skilled workforce in the waste management sector and are suitable for operators, supervisors and managers involved in Collection & Transportation, Processing and disposal services of solid waste. The capacity development programs impart knowledge in policy making, planning, technical, financial and environmental feasibility plans. FEEV develops and enhances capacity development among professional, government officials and policy makers.